I don’t usually do New Year’s Resolutions, but I did want to achieve several personal goals for myself in 2017. While, some goals were achieved and some not, this year had been another roller coaster ride all in all, (although nothing can be compared to the roller coaster of the past year when I kept hopping from US to home and back, meanwhile juggling work and studies).
- Block the negativity: I would take any action, comment, etc. too personally, even if it wasn’t directed towards me. That would keep me irritated half the time, and the other half would be spent in self-deprecation. But, then I thought, why the heck do I do this to myself, and started to let-go. And, it became easier with time.
- Mental Health is important: I overthink almost by default, but that doesn’t help me. I end-up with headaches and sleep-less nights. I stress over something so much that I’m not able to use my head in anything else. To reduce my overthinking-induced-anxiety, I started writing down what bothered me, and prioritizing the issues and then finding a solution to it, wherever applicable. I also tried Mindfulness to sort through my loud thoughts.
- People change as times change: Obvious, yes. For me, it was the notion of accepting that change in others and supporting them, and with that, I also changed (hopefully for the better).
- Live in the moment: As I’m growing older, I can’t help but notice that years are flying by. While I’m trying to prepare and plan my future goals, I’m thrown off-track by the uncertainty of it all. So I stopped fretting over it, instead, I do what I think is right, and well, just go with the flow (but control the general direction of it).
- Try new things: So, one day you won’t say “I wish I had–” or “I always wanted to–“. Instead say, “I wanted to– and so I did.”
I would like to:
- Motivate others.
- Think more positively.
- Evolve as a better person.
- Tick of more bucket-list items.
- Care less about the things that matter less.
So, here’s to another year of laughter and dreams, Happy New Year to All!